This is me: Ruchi Aggarwal
Director Partner Marketing and Strategy, Microsoft India
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
My father was in the army and my favorite childhood memory is moving every three years, finding a new group of friends and actually changing to a new school. So, my memories are of adjusting to a new place, adjusting to a new environment and enjoying that process.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
Connecting with people, from the heart.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
I think life has been great but if I were to do things differently, I would be aware of my personal brand and get a mentor both earlier in life.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I would love to go to Istanbul.
- Who’s your idol?
My idol is my mentor, because he is able to see the best in people.
- What was your first job ever in the event industry?
I am not in the event industry per se, but my first job ever, after my management degree, was with a telecommunications company as a junior brand manager.
- What’s the best piece of event technology you have recently used?
It’s not rocket science but it’s very useful. Those headphones used in larger shows that allow communication even in noisy environments.
- Who, or what company, you would like to collaborate/partner with?
I would like to work directly with a DMC to be able to have no loss in communication. It would be a DMC that really understands my needs and doesn’t need to go through a chain of protocol.
- What is 1 question you get asked all the times by your clients/new clients?
‘What can we do new and how can we innovate?’
- Describe the event industry in 1 word