This is me: Shannon DeSouza
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
When I was 4 years old I had asked for a cash register as a Christmas gift. On Christmas day, I ran downstairs to the tree to look for my present but it wasn’t there. I was upset but my parents told me to go and look around. They had hidden it in the basement. I saw the box, ran to it and ripped it open. It was the most exciting moment. I really wanted to be a cashier.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
Determination. I am one of those people who are either ON or OFF. When I want something, I go after it until I get it.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
At university, I really wanted to study abroad, to go to Europe or even Australia, but I decided to stay at the university of Waterloo, focus on my studies and be responsible. I would 100% change that to get those experiences.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I am not sure as I’ve been really fortunate to travel a lot.
- Who’s your idol?
In my daily life, my 2 idols are Courtney Stanley for being so self determined to build a brand around herself and my previous boss Bob Vaez as he is the epitome of a strong entrepreneur and fight for success no matter what.
- What was your first job ever in the event industry?
I kind of create it myself. I was an event entrepreneur. I was a wedding planner for 10 years.
- What’s the best piece of event technology you have recently used?
Eventmobi. This event technology platform is seamlessly integrated.
- Who, or what company, you would like to collaborate/partner with?
I would love to see all the event technology providers collaborate together to better the industry through education.
- What is 1 question you get asked all the times by your clients/new clients?
“What is a native app?”
- Describe the event industry in 1 word