This is me: Nick Borelli
CSR Colortone Staging & Rentals
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
We hosted all of the parties in our family. I have something like sixteen cousins and our home was the designated place for all the celebrations. I was the one that needed to clean the silverware, take the coats and really be hospitable at an age of about six or seven.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
I’m not very reserved and I get into trouble by just giving people my opinion, So, it’s my strongest and also my weakest.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
This is a tough one as I’m not really someone that dwells on regrets. I would’ve swung for the fences much earlier in life, if I had the opportunity.
I guess, I didn’t advance my career, as fast as I could, because I believed I hadn’t earn it.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
That would be Scotland. I have never been to the UK and I’m a big aficionado and fan of scotch and I really enjoy their culture.
- Who’s your idol?
One of my idols, who is no longer with us, is a caterer: Mike Roman. He was a caterer for many years and he transitioned from being a caterer to being an educator of caterers.
- What was your first job ever in the event industry?
Age fourteen, I washed dishes for a catering company that did picnic events at an amusement facility in the small town of Erie, Pennsylvania.
- What’s the best piece of event technology you have recently used?
SocialTables. We used it at a really important event for our company at the Children’s hospital of Pittsburgh’s 125th anniversary gala.
- Who, or what company, you would like to collaborate/partner with?
I’m going to pick somebody that I haven’t worked with and who would be pretty amazing, Meryl Snow, Feastivities in Philadelphia. She is one of my mentors and she does amazing events. Her catering is completely innovative as well as exactly what her clients want and more. So I would love to work with her.
- What is 1 question you get asked all the times by your clients/new clients?
I am a social media guy so, I get asked ‘how do I leverage social media in my events, to meet my goals?
- Describe the event industry in 1 word