This is me: Jason Allan Scott
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
When I was six years old, I woke up in bed with my great grandmother lying head to toe, which is how we used to sleep. It was my birthday and I turned six. On the wall in front of me there was a video of the hulk on a projector. My dad had built me a bicycle with the help of my entire family and it was one of the greatest days of my life.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
I am a planner and an executer. I don’t take no for an answer. I plan, I pivot, I plan, I pivot, I plan and I pivot.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
So many things. Marry less, travel more.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I do have a few places in the world on my bucket list: Miami, Brazil, Tokyo, Disney World in Paris and Aurora Borealis Northern Lights.
- Who’s your idol?
My dad is my idol.
- What was your first job ever in the event industry?
The first job I did was selling tickets for a circus that didn’t exist. I was nine years old and my parents were very angry with me. I saw people selling tickets for the circus and I thought it was a brilliant idea. I didn’t know you actually had to organise a circus.
- What’s the best piece of event technology you have recently used?
VenueMe: a great venue app that allows event professionals to find any venue in the world based on their criteria. Tap the app, view, tour and secure.
- Who, or what company, you would like to collaborate/partner with?
Cvent ot DoubleDutch
- What is 1 question you get asked all the times by your clients/new clients?
What was it like to work with… famous movie star, famous singer, Kylie Minogue?
- Describe the event industry in 1 word: