Amy Spatrisano – Explorer
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
Just being with my family. We travelled a lot when I was young. We lived overseas. We lived in Africa and we were able to go to Europe every year and then every other year we came home to the US. So, I remember as a child, because in Africa we didn’t have access to ice cream or fresh milk, as soon as we would hit our first destination, we would drink milk like it was going out of style and we would try to get ice cream just to get that diary fix.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
I am very tenacious. I don’t give up on something that I believe in.
- If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would you do differently?
Honestly, I wouldn’t do anything over because I wouldn’t be who I am today if I hadn’t done all the things I did, the way I did it. And not to say there weren’t times I thought ‘oh, are you kidding me?’ or ‘why did you do that?’ or ‘wow, I could’ve done that differently!’. So, I certainly have had those moments but I honestly wouldn’t really do anything over.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I have been blessed to travel a lot of the world. There is very few places left that I haven’t been that I would like to go. So I would like to go to places that have a more spiritual connection. Also, a couple in the US that I have not visited, places in Asia and in South America.
- Who’s your idol?
My parents. They are amazing individuals and they instilled in me the belief that I could do anything I set my mind to and to never give up on my dreams.
- What was your first job ever in the event industry?
I worked at the front desk at a hotel.
- What’s the best piece of event technology you have recently used?
For meetings, I like the app idea.
- Who, or what company, you would like to collaborate/partner with?
Any company that has a mission around sustainability. They are not just environmentally responsible and obviously economically responsible but they have a true understanding and commitment around the social aspect of it.
- What is 1 question you get asked all the times by your clients/new clients?
‘What do I need to do to be considered green?’
- Describe the event industry in 1 word