30 Jan 2014
January 30, 2014

Temporary Event Notice

Blog, Planning 0 Comment

When you’re an event organizer, promoter, or conceiver, you sometimes choose a spot for the event that is unlicensed. In other words, your event may be a completely licensable activity, but you want to have it on unlicensed premises. When you apply for a special exemption license to hold the event there, you are usually applying on a form known as a Temporary Event Notice.

Licensable activities include selling alcohol, offering entertainment like indoor sporting events, dancing, or music, or serving drinks or hot food between the nighttime or early morning hours of between 11 PM and 5 AM.

You will also need to get a Temporary Event Notice, usually, if a certain licensable activity is not a part of the terms of your current license, like having a wedding reception at a community centre.

Sometimes, the events have certain restrictions, and the Temporary Event Notices will not be granted unless the event parameters fall within the lines. For example, an event may have to have less than 500 people present, including the staff members at the event, it must last no more than one week, and you may have to be 18 years old or older to apply for the Temporary Event Notice.

Sometimes, there are additional rules for Temporary Event Notices. For example, you might need a separate TEN for each separate event you hold at the location. You might only be able to get a couple of dozen TENs each year. There might even be restrictions on the location itself, such that only so many people can apply for TENs for it each year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *